Amarillo Youth Choirs is seeking qualified applicants to fill a part-time position as Administrative Assistant.
Administrative Assistant Job Description
Part-time employment with hours linked to activities and events
Reports to: Executive Director, Katherine Stribling
Key Interactions: Executive Director, Artistic Director, parents, students, volunteers
Starting Salary Range: $10/hr for 20 hours per week for 10 months (negotiable)
Applications and Inquiries:
Please submit a letter and resume in MS Word format to:
Mrs. Katherine Stribling
The Amarillo Youth Choirs is an equal opportunity employer that welcomes any qualified applicant and values diversity of all kinds.
The Administrative Assistant works directly with the Executive Director (ED) of AYC in the day-to-day work of running the choir.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Maintain an accounting of financial records (Excel or Charms) for individual AYC members including tracking all financial obligations, fundraising efforts, and tour deposits.
- Reporting the individual account balances to AYC members through monthly statements and on a case-by-case basis when requested.
- Maintain the database of AYC members, board of directors, alumni, and past members including contact information for mailing, emailing, and phone numbers (Excel).
- Distribute weekly notes to AYC members about important dates and to-do’s.
- Maintain the music library with orders, copies, and distribution of music to AYC members as requested by the Artistic Director.
- Create all creative materials (Pages) for advertising, concert programs, billboards, direct mail pieces, etc.
- Manage the ad sales, materials collection, and delivery to printer of the annual membership directory.
- Assist board members in their duties including, but not limited to, uniform distribution, fundraising order collection, fundraising item distribution, AYC camp management
- Assist at weekly rehearsals for all four choirs (Monday & Tuesday evenings 3:45-7:00) to answer parent questions, manage flow of choir members between rehearsals, etc.
- General office duties as required
- Expected hours: Monday & Tuesday 11-2:30 & 3:30-7:00; Wednesday & Thursday afternoons; Friday off; evenings & weekends days when events are scheduled
- Expected weeks of work: Mid-July to Mid-May (two months off for summer break); other days off follow AISD calendar including Christmas break and Spring break
- Previous office experience
- Strong skills in Excel and Word required.
- Demonstrated knowledge of working with large amounts of individual cash transactions
- Superior oral and written communication skills
- Dynamic, energetic, and socially adept with demonstrated strong leadership skills
- Integrity and a demonstrated commitment to the highest ethical standards
Preference given for:
- Bachelors Degree
- Strong skills in Pages or similar
- Experience working with children (between 7-16 years)
Print version of this information: 2018 Administrative Assistant Job Description